Murphy's Law is a 17 minute short film directed by Alex Fichera and originally sound designed by Michael Cullen. You can watch the finished film here.
Upon purchasing this project, you can use the files to practice your audio editing and mixing skills while following the tutorials in our FST Post Audio Workflow series. Once you finish your audio work, you can showcase it online in your personal audio reel.
This film is a great example of the type of indie short films you will work on as a freelance sound designer. It contains many exciting opportunities for experimental sound design since it contains multiple action and dream sequences. Also, since most of the film was recorded in noisy locations, there are many moments to practice your dialogue and ADR editing skills.
Included in the 4.5GB .ZIP file is:
- .MOV file of the short film in 1080p HD (2.67 aspect ratio).
- Consolidated .AAF of edited on-set production audio files.
- Post-production ADR (automated dialogue replacement), VO (voiceover), and Crowd Walla .WAV audio files.
- Original Music files split out as Stems for easy mixing.
- Finished audio stems (.WAV) from original mix session for reference.
- DX Stem, FX+FOL+BG combined Stem, MX Stem, Final PM.
To help you learn more about sound design, we are providing the original audio stems from the finished film. After you import the stems into your session, you can directly reference how Michael decided to sound design the film. Then you can try to emulate the work, or create your own new sonic direction. Also, the final stems files are .WAV files so you can import them into any DAW.
Upon purchase, a download link will automatically be sent to your email. If you have any trouble downloading the files, please contact us immediately.
You can learn even more about the product from the Readme Instructions.